FairJourney Biologics is a world leading CRO in antibody discovery, engineering, characterization and production. It provides services to pharmaceutical companies and top biotech’s from U.S., Europe and Japan. FairJourney Biologics combines deep expertise in antibody phage display with a cutting-edge proprietary mammalian display platform capable of identifying high affinity and developable lead antibody candidates during the earliest stages of drug discovery. This exciting
set of technologies and expertise gives the company a unique edge in therapeutic antibody development. Its state-of-the-art facilities are in Porto, Portugal. For more information, please visit www.fjb.pt.
Company language: English
We are seeking a highly capable and enthusiastic (Associate) Scientist to join the Discovery & Engineering Division Team at our Porto site. You will be responsible for the identification, development, validation, and implementation of novel molecular biology workflows to expand and improve the existing discovery and engineering workflows. You will also lead the development and implementation of NGS workflows for analysis and recovery from various antibody generation and optimization projects. Your responsibilities will include the planning, design and execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, preparation of reports and communication of the findings to the team.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative and motivated molecular biologist, with an
enthusiastic outlook, and a broad range of molecular biology expertise, including a strong
background in next generation sequencing, and have an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• A Ph.D degree with post-doctoral experience (or at least 3 years of relevant laboratory experience)
• Understanding and proven practical experience in molecular biology techniques and concepts (e.g. primer/vector design, PCR, RT-PCR, cloning strategies, recombinant antibody library design and construction)
• Use of molecular biology techniques with low sample inputs, such as single cells
• Experience of NGS technologies and platforms including Illumina sequencing (e.g. NGS sample prep and library generation)
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Proactive with problem-solving aptitude
• The ability to work independently and actively collaborate within and across teams
• Excellent command of the English language
Familiarity with any of the following would be an advantage:
• Tools to analyse NGS data
• Immunology and B-cell biology
• Display technology techniques (e.g. phage, yeast, mammalian display)
• Single B-cell technologies
• Any other experience relevant to antibody discovery & engineering
• Biotechnology industry experience
We offer integration into a highly motivated team working within an international group which includes our sister company Iontas in Cambridge, UK. We offer career development opportunities and a fun and supportive working environment in our expanding Porto site. Bonus incentives and significant tax breaks may apply if you are a foreign or Portuguese expat.
You will receive a contract directly with FairJourney Biologics. FairJourney Biologics is located in Porto, Portugal. Your application will be processed by FairJourney Biologics.
Would you like to play an important role in the Discovery and Engineering team in Porto, Portugal?
Applications must be submitted directly through our website www.fjb.pt, before the 15 July of 2022. Please use “Reference 103” for this position.
For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 222 437 509