FairJourney Biologics is a world leading CRO in antibody discovery, engineering, characterization and production. It provides services to Pharmaceutical companies and top biotech’s from the U.S., Europe and Japan. Its state-of-the-art facilities are in Porto, Portugal. For more information, please visit www.fjb.pt.
Company language: English
As a Bioinformatician you support the antibody discovery, engineering and characterisation of antibody panels using well-established methodologies. Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develop novel statistical and computational methods and bioinformatic tools for all phases of R&D;
- Design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analysing large molecular data sets;
- Enable effective storage and visualization of large and complex data sets;
- Locate and search publically available bioinformatics data of interest;
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning.
- Work following the company standard operating procedures and documentation.
FairJourney Biologics is seeking a Bioinformatician, with the following characteristics:
- MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field, with relevant experience in data science and antibody analysis.
- Excellent programming skills applied in a bioinformatics context (e.g. Phyton).
- Experience in full stack software development cycle including design, implementation, testing, version control and deployment.
- Experience in bioinformatics algorithms.
- Experience in automated data processing pipelines primarily for antibody next-generation sequencing.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent command of the english language.
Additional desired skills
- Background understanding of B cell and antibody biology.
- Background understanding of molecular biology and cell biology.
- Integration in a highly motivated team;
- Working in an international environment;
- Bonus incentives;
- Career development;
- Significant tax breaks may apply if you are a foreign or Portuguese expat.
You will receive a contract directly with FairJourney Biologics. FairJourney Biologics is located in Porto, Portugal. Your application will be processed by FairJourney Biologics.
Applications must be submitted directly through our website www.fjb.pt, before the 15 of November of 2021. Please use “Reference 75” for this position.
For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 222 437 509 or firstname.lastname@example.org