Driving the development and growth of our newly launched high-spec cold storage and shipping service!
FairJourney Biologics is the world leading Contract Research Organisation for antibody discovery, engineering, characterization, and production. We are the trusted biotherapeutics R&D partners of many of the world’s leading large pharma and biotechnology companies across the globe. As a high-growth company we continue to expand our offerings under our 3 service brands, including now an offering of cold storage and shipping (CSS) of biologic R&D materials. With a global footprint, FairJourney Biologics is headquartered in Porto, Portugal at our state-of-the-art facilities, where this role will be based. To find out more, please visit www.fjb.pt.
As the Cold Storage & Shipping Manager you will be integrated into the newly built Cold Storage & Shipping division and drive its development and growth into a profitable division for the business. You will initially be reporting directly to the Vice President, Head of New Ventures and be accountable for the following as we launch this new offering:
- Working closely with the Head of New Ventures on handover of the setup, launch and operation of Cold Storage and Shipping to your purview
- Maintain ongoing development workstreams and carry them to completion ensuring no disruption to any live and incoming storage agreements
- Contribute to setting the objectives and direction for the CSS offering in the
current and upcoming financial years
- Provide critical input and support of business development activities for CSS
• Continue to build and develop the CSS team to launch and grow the offering, fostering an environment of respect and rigor along with ambition and camaraderie
- Focusing primarily on development of existing resources and leveraging hiring tactically to ensure efficiency as the division grows
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the division from end to end with, full accountability for the effective and efficient operation of the division within the company’s ecosystem making use of shared resources effectively and without undue disruption of other divisions and units.
You will be responsible for, including but not limited to:
- Driving the creation and implementation of best practices for CSS, including policies, and SOPs to continuously improve performance of the division
- Planning, executing and supervising CSS operations liaising with internal stakeholders, customers, and 3rd party providers as needed
- Ensure the integrity of stored materials and the constant accuracy of tracking and inventory reports, identifying and resolving any documentation discrepancies to ensure inventory and system records are in agreement
- Monitor the integrity of CSS equipment and facilities to ensure the highest levels of quality and compliance with relevant standards, identify risks and defective equipment and work with the maintenance and equipment team to resolve Identify cost saving opportunities by removing inefficiencies from the division’s operations, while ensuring that quality, integrity or safety are never compromised
- Generate, maintain, and present meaningful CSS data and metrics to others in the organisation as and when agreed with the relevant stakeholders
To help launch our Cold storage & shipping offering and continue to grow the offering, we are looking for a Cold storage & shipping Manager with the following characteristics:
• You have previously managed a team of >2, supporting your team and delivering on
• You have experience in high-spec cold storage and logistics;
• You have owned and managed a budget professionally;
• You are a conscientious person with excellent organizational skills;
• You are a dynamic worker with strong problem-solving abilities;
• You are proactive about your professional growth and the development of this offering;
• You have a sleeves-rolled-up attitude;
• You have good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
• You thrive in a team-first environment, contributing to a purpose-driven working culture;
• You are comfortable presenting to senior management and can engage meaningfully in complex discussions to support good decision making.
• Integration in a highly motivated team
• Working in an international environment
• Career development
• Bonus incentives
You will receive a contract directly with FairJourney Biologics. FairJourney Biologics is located in Porto, Portugal. Your application will be processed by FairJourney Biologics.
Applications must be submitted directly through our website www.fjb.pt, before the 16th of July, 2021. Please use “Reference 56” for this position. For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 222 437 510